Monday, August 19, 2013

Calvin & Hobbes's Summer Holiday

About 17 years ago, when I was working at another school, a fellow teacher gave me a photocopy of a Calvin and Hobbes comic strip.  He suggested it was good practice at answering "What are they doing now?" and "What have they just done?" questions, as well as a great conversation starter for talking about childhood summer holidays.  He was right!  I have been using it ever since!

The "Calvin & Hobbes's Summer Holiday" strip has become an important part of our lesson materials.  If you've studied at Be & Me Eikaiwa any time in the last 14 years, chances are you've been given a photocopy of the photocopy of the photocopy that was given to me.

Yesterday, I was very surprised to see that very same strip in the newspaper -- in colour!  It looks good, don't you think?

COMPETITION The first student (past or present) to tell me which frame has been altered on the Be & Me material will win a packet of Tim Tams.  You can e-mail me, post a comment on the Blog or FaceBook pages, or tell me in class.  Good luck!

No comments: