Friday, January 12, 2007

My New Year's Resolution (Part II)

One of my New Year's resolutions last year (or was it the year before?) was to get some of my photos published [printed in a book or magazine]. To this end, I entered some photos in a couple of on-line photo contests. One of them was Japanzine's "Gaijin Eye" contest. Unfortunately, none of my photos were chosen for the main pages, however, one of my photos was used as a column-filler...

Page 28 of this month's Japanzine



Page 28 of this month's Japanzine – up close!


Here’s a link to their main selection: The Gaijin Eye

And here's the link to my Japazine entries: My Entries

I know any kind of judgement is very arbitrary [a personal choice not based on clear rules] but, to be honest, I didn't think "Too Wet for the Park" was my best photo. Of course, I understand that maybe it wasn't chosen purely on its photographic merits [good points] – it might have had something to do with their desire to show a cross-section [variety] of images of the Kansai.

You can also check out all 800-odd entries at: All Entries

Anyway, my new New Year's resolution is to get published in a size that doesn't need a magnifying glass be viewed!

A Magnifying Glass

No comments: